Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition
"In January 2012, Wizards of the Coast announced that a new edition of the game, at the time referred to as D&D Next, was under development. In direct contrast to the previous editions of the game, D&D Next was developed partly via a public open playtest. An early build of the new edition debuted at the 2012 Dungeons & Dragons Experience event to about 500 fans. Public playtesting began on May 24, 2012, with the final playtest packet released on September 20, 2013." — Wikipedia - 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons (acccessed 2019-09-19)
On This Wiki
The following articles and categories may be of use:
Sources and Notes
- Harnish, MJ (January 9, 2012). 5th Edition D&D Is in Development — Should We Care? "Wired.com". Accessed: October 1, 2013.Conde Nast.
- (January 9, 2012). Players Roll the Dice for Dungeons & Dragons Remake "The New York Times". Accessed: January 9, 2012.
- Ohannessian, Kevin (February 3, 2012). "Dungeons & Dragons Next" Creators Look To Simplicity, Open Development To Regain Lost Gamers Accessed: August 30, 2013.
- (April 25, 2012). Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (News on D&D Next)Wizards.com.
- (September 20, 2012). Final Playtest PacketWizards.com.